BSO1: non-modded Arma
BSO hosts a public Arma 3 server without any mod requirements. This server runs our own mission file "Project Arrowhead" it's a mission file comparable to Invade and Annex 3. The mission will keep spawning large enemy occupied territories and it is your goal to eradicate the OPFOR presence. On top of that the mission file has procedurally generated side objectives as well as random camps and patrols around the map.
To join this server all you need is Arma 3 itself
We do encourage people on the server to join our teamspeak (ts.blackscreenoperations.com) for easier communications between players.
Server IP: blackscreenoperations.com
Server Port: 2302
NO PASSWORD REQUIRED
Allowed client side mods
Approved Client Side Mods @ BSO
Invade and Annex Apex Edition (Only these mods are allowed):
- Reduced weapon sway
- DynaSound 2
- Advanced Weapon Mounting
- Dynamic View Distance
For Zeus GM's Only:
- NSS Admin Console
Gameplay Enhancement Mods:
- Reduced weapon sway
- ShackTac User Interface
- HMD: (Gives HUD’s for Aircraft)
- HMD RHS: (RHS compatibility; dependant on HMD mod above)
- Advanced Weapon Mounting (CBA compatibility; ACE optional)
- DynaSound 2
Enhanced Soundscape( Not authorized until it's updated/fixed )
- Sullen Skies Altis,stratis,malden
- Blastcore Enhanced: (will impact game performance) This will slow down your game in heavy engagements. It makes smoke bigger but not for AI.
- Dynamic view distance by Lawrence: (will impact game performance)
- CH view distance(currently included within the modpack)
Utility Mods for Zeus/Admin:
- Achilles: Zeus addons (teleport,arsenal,reinforcement,artillery,...)(must be a BSO ZGM or Admin)
- NSS Admin Console (advanced admin features.......)(must be a BSO ZGM or Admin)
Server-Side Mods (clients do not need to load):
- VCOM AI: This runs server-side and clients DO NOT need to run this. An ai enhancement mod that makes them flank, use suppressive fire and conduct many more realistic actions. This mod must be run if placing units with Zeus, and you wish VCOM AI to be activated. It is possible to place units as vanilla AI, and then change them over to VCOM AI for the server to handle.
- Advanced Rappelling
- Advanced Urban Rappelling
- Advanced Towing
- Advanced Sling-Loading
Rules and Guidelines
- Admin: Core founding members of the community. They have acces to everything
- Moderator: They moderate both community and the technical side of BSO. They have acces to most of the servers depending on each moderators personal expertise.
- Staff: Moderate the community itself. They moderate forums,discord,... and are the ones that are a sort of ambassador for BSO.
- BSO Distinguished member: Members that have gone above and beyond to help the community. They're usually people that take initiative,organize missions,support the upkeep of the server etc...
- BSO Veteran: Experienced members of the community that have been around for ages. They know what to do and have a broad spectrum of knowledge.
- BSO Member: Regular old member to BSO
- BSO Recruit: A fresh applicant to BSO that got through the application process. They will rank up in time to full member depending on playtime and behaviour.
FNG: Someone that has joined the website/forums. They may or may not have submitted an application. (We are currently working on a bot to integrate into TS3)
Everyone in BSO is held to the same standards don't be afraid to speak out and contact staff/admins with issues.
PM any of the staff on discord with questions regarding rank and they will gladly help you.
!!! These following rules apply to any and all BSO missions unless otherwise instructed by zeus/gamemaster !!!
On joining the server try and always fill out squads top to bottom. Play roles required for the succes of the mission.
BSO currently uses an open arsenal. However this does not mean you are allowed to take whatever you want. Check the mission briefing for the uniform/camo. Select weapons for your class and stay in your caliber (for example: Rifleman is 5.56, Marksman 7.62,...)
As a squad leader it is your job to fill out your group marker on the map. This is done by opening the map as an SL and selecting "edit" at the top right. Fill our what your squads SR and LR wil be. In notes fill out Leader + 2nd in command.
We are not a milsim community but we do use a chain of command. Listen to your superiors in the mission otherwise everything becomes chaotic.
BSO employs a zero tolerance policy when it comes to disruptive behaviour. If you do anything to disrupt your fellow players or the mission on purpose you will be given a temporary ban.
- Employ common sense. Think about your actions/plan before executing it.
- On joining the server try and always fill out squads top to bottom. Play roles required for the succes of the mission.